Most kids love McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets. I’m sure many grown-ups do too. But, they are so unhealthy! Happily, not my skinny ones! No deep frying here…I’m using skinless, white meat chicken and baking them. The bread crumb coating has a wonderful flavor similar to barbecue potato chips. The skinny for 6 chicken nuggets only 203 calories, 4.7 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Everybody is going to LOVE these!!!
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1â cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 pound (2 large) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken breast tenders cut into 24 even bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1Â½ teaspoons smoked paprika">paprika or sweet paprika">paprika
- Â¾ teaspoon salt
- Â½ teaspoon chili powder
- Â½ teaspoon black pepper
- Â¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Melt butter in a small shallow bowl. Let cool slightly and mix in egg whites. Add bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and toss with brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder, black pepper and garlic powder. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then dredge chicken in bread crumbs and place on baking pan. Continue until all chicken has been coated. Spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes. Turn over, spray with a little more olive oil spray. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, if desired. Bake an additional 7-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked and golden brown.
- Serve with barbecue sauce, ketchup or light ranch dressing on the side, if desired
- Makes 4 servings (6 nuggets per serving)
- Weight Watchers (old points) 4
- Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
- SKINNY FACTS: for 6 chicken nuggets
- 203 calories, 4.7g fat. 27g protein, 16g carbs, 434mg sodium, 1g
- fiber, 3g sugar
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 34g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 39||27%|
|Total Fat 4.48g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.18g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.92g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|