Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus as needed
- 8 oz red onions, fine diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 10 oz tomatoes, peeled, seeded
- 6 1/4 pint demi-glace
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 cup marsala
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt, plus additional as needed
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper, plus additional as needed
- 50 each chicken supreme portions
- In a rondeau, heat 1 Tbsp/15 ml extra-virgin olive oil over medium-heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are tender but not brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, demi-glace, honey, and marsala. Bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes over low heat. Season with salt and pepper and blend with an immersion blender. Return the sauce to a simmer for service and hold hot.
- Just before grilling or broiling, season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place the chicken presentation side down on the grill or broiler rods. Grill undisturbed for about 2 minutes. If desired, give each breast a quarter turn after the first minute of grilling to achieve grill marks.
- Turn the chicken over and continure to cook until it is cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 165F/73C, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve each chicken portion with 2 oz/60 ml sauce on heated plates.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 15g|
|Recipe makes 50 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||21%|
|Total Fat 0.29g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.72g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|