Cost per recipe $0.28 view details
- Green coriander - 1 1/2 cup (packed)
- Fresh Mint - 1/2 cup (packed)
- Fried gram / pottu kadalai - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Raisins - 1 large handful
- Salt - to taste
- lemon juice - 1 TBSP
- Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
- Amchur - 1 tsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- 1) Wash and roughly chop coriander and mint leaves. Dry on several changes of tissue paper / kitchen towels till dry.
- 2) Dry roast fried gram for max 1 min till they are slightly brown. Cool and powder.
- 3) Fry the coriander leaves, mint leaves & green chillies in a tsp of oil till they wilt slightly and acquire a gloss
- 4) Grind coriander, mint, green chillies without water first. Then add powdered gram flour and run the mixer again till they incorporate well. Now add raisins, salt, amchur powder and very little water to get a thickish chutney consistency.
- 5) Remove to a glass bowl. Add lemon juice, chaat masala and mix well.
- 6) Store in a sterlised air tight glass jar and use when you make chaats, sandwiches.
- 1) use very very little water for grinding
- 2) Its very necessary for the coriander and mint leaves to be pat dried before frying to prevent the chutney from going bad soon
- 3) use dry spoon to take out only required quantity and stir well before and after every use.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 53g|
|Calories from Fat 40||69%|
|Total Fat 4.57g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.34g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 4.8g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|