I love Cream of Mushroom Soup! When I decided to go gluten free to support my Spouse I didn't realize the amount of things that had gluten in them. I cannot go without cream of mushroom soup not one day longer, so, tonight we had cream of mushroom soup.
This is my first try at cream of mushroom soup and it's a keeper!
- 24 ounces of diced white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and chopped
- 1 small sweet vidalia onion
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 can Swanson vegetable broth (14 ounces)
- 2 cups half & half
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- In a large saucepan put in the olive oil, and the dried spices. Heat over low heat and give it time to warm and for the spices to flavor the oil.
- Add the stick of unsalted butter and let it melt in.
- Add the mushrooms, the onion and the garlic. Squirt with the juices of half a lemon.
- Allow to reduce down until the onions are soft and the mushrooms are browned and soft.Add the can of Swanson's vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 cups of Half & Half cream and 1/4 cup sweet rice flour and stir until thickened.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 480g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 393||76%|
|Total Fat 44.67g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 24.3g||97%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 22.9g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|