Cost per recipe $18.15 view details
- 4 c fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 c pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic (if you prefer a stronger garlic taste, add another one)
- 1/2 c extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Put the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic, and parmesan cheese into the food processor and blend.
- Slowly add the olive oil to the mixture while it is blending. (Be sure to do this slowly because you don't want too much olive oil).
- Once it is all blended, add salt and pepper to taste, and then blend one final time.
- Serve over your favorite pasta, spread it on a sandwich...the possibilities are endless!
- Storing instructions: Keep in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. After each use, you might want to add a little bit of olive oil to keep its consistency.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 256g|
|Calories from Fat 1282||90%|
|Total Fat 146.4g||183%|
|Saturated Fat 25.29g||101%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 9.05g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||8%|