Cost per recipe $5.77 view details
- 3 lb top loin roast of pork, from middle,
- Â Â boned, trimmed and tied
- 1Â 1/2 c. dry white wine, plus
- Â Â extra if needed
- 3 Tbsp. thick plain yogurt
- 1 sprg thyme
- 1 lrg sprig parsley
- 2 x sage leaves
- 4 x mini Savoy cabbages, each cut into
- 4 x wedges
- 1/2 x Spanish onion, minced
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. butter, to finish sauce
- Â Â sea salt and freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 clv garlic, crushed
- 6 x sage leaves, finely minced
- 3 ounce French soft cheese with pepper,
- Â Â crumbled or possibly cream cheese seasoned
- Â Â with black pepper
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. lowfat milk
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x thin slices prosciutto, rolled tightly, and
- Â Â snipped into thin shreds then into slivers.
- First prepare the stuffing: In a bowl, mash together garlic, sage, cheese, lowfat milk, oil and prosciutto. Season. With a sharp knife, working between the pcs of string, cut into the pork as if cutting medium-thin slices, but taking care to stop two-thirds of the way down. Using a metal spatula, insert the stuffing between the "slices".
- Mix the wine with the same amount of water and 2 Tbsp. yogurt.
- Put the pork into a freezer bag, add in the wine marinade, and tie securely.
- Refrigeratefor several hrs or possibly overnight, shaking the bag from time to time.
- Heat the oven to 350 F. and grease a large, deep pan. Place the pork in the middle of the pan, with the marinade. Roast for about 2 hrs till the juices run clear. Turn it over a few times during cooking. If the dish looks dry, add in a little extra water and wine and cover loosely.
- After about 1 hour, blanch the cabbage wedges for 3 min in lightly salted boiling water. Drain well. Leave to cold a little and gently squeeze out excess moisture. Put the cabbage wedges in the pan around the pork.
- Sprinkle the onion over and season lightly. At the end of cooking, leave roast to settle for 5 - 10 min in the switched-off oven. Remove the strings. Arrange the pork and cabbage in a warmed dish.
- Finish the sauce: Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir well and adjust the seasoning. Whisk in the rest of the yogurt and butter. Spoon over the pork and cabbage.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 607g|
|Calories from Fat 596||57%|
|Total Fat 67.72g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 32.89g||132%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 21.45g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|