Cost per serving $0.77 view details
- 4 Eggs
- Whole wheat english muffins or crumpets
- 1 package of dry Hollandaise sauce (McCormick or Korr)
- 1 cup Fat Free half & half
- 4 slices of lean pre-cooked meat (canadian bacon, steak, or ham)
- Fresh basil
- Add 1 cup fat free 1/2 & 1/2 to dry Hollandaise sauce mix. Wisk until blended. Heat over medium-high heat until it starts to boil. Stir often to avoid the sauce sticking to the pan. Once it starts to boil, turn heat off and add sliced fresh basil. Cover and stir occasionally while preparing remaining items. Toast english muffins or crumpets and set aside. Poach eggs in boiling water or egg poacher until desired consistency (Approximately 3 minutes). Heat lean meat in non-stick sautÃ© pan until warmed through.
- Place 2 halves of toasted english muffin or 2 crumpets on a plate.
- Place a tablespoon of Hollandaise sauce on each.
- Place lean meat on top of muffin or crumpet.
- Remove poached eggs from water with slotted spoon, let drain before placing on top of meat.
- After eggs are in place, spoon Hollandaise over the top.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a side of fruit.
- Serve immediately.
- Want it REALLY low-fat? Poach egg whites versus a full egg (Best if you use an egg poacher).
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 250g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 269||66%|
|Total Fat 30.27g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 15.64g||63%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.35g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|