Cost per serving $2.35 view details
- 2Â 1/2 c. Chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2Â 1/2 lb Cream cheese, softened
- 1Â 3/4 c. Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 5 lrg Large eggs
- 2 lrg Egg yolks
- 1/4 c. Ha1f-and-half
- 8 ounce White chocolate, cut into 1/4 inch pcs
- 8 ounce Semisweet chocolate, finely minced
- 1/4 c. Light corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- DIFFICULTY:** PREPARATION: I hour plus baking, cooling and chilling times.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 8 hrs or possibly overnight before unmolding. SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: One 11 inch springform pan. Recipe
- Make the chocolate wafer crust:1.Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 250 degrees F. Remove the bottom from an 11-by-3-inch springform pan. Trim an 11-inch cardboard cake circle so which it fits snugly within the curved lip of the bottom of the springform pan. Cover the bottom with a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang all around the edge. Carefully attach the side of the pan so you don't tear the foil. Wrap the foil overhang halfway up the outer side of the prepared pan.
- 2.In a medium bowl, stir together the wafer crumbs and sugar till combined. Add in the melted butter and stir till well combined. Press the mix proportionately onto the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Make the white chocolate filling:1.In the 4 1/2-qt bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer using the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese at medium speed for 30 to 45 seconds, till creamy. Gradually add in the sugar in a steady stream, till blended.
- Beat in the vanilla. At low speed, fold in the flour just till combined.
- Add in the Large eggs one at a time while continuing to beat at low speed. Add in the yolks, beating well after each addition. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the side of the bowl and beat for 30 seconds till smooth. Beat in the half-and-half. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand and, using a rubber spatula, fold the mix several times to ensure which it is proportionately blended. Stir in the white chocolate pcs.
- 2.Scrape the white chocolate mix into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake the cheesecake for 2 hrs and 20 min or possibly till hard. Turn the oven off; leave the cheesecake in the oven and prop open the oven door with a wooden spoon. Allow the cheesecake to cold in the oven for 1 hour. Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack and cold for an additional hour. When the cheesecake is completely cold, cover the pan with aluminum foil and chill for at least 8 hrs or possibly overnight. The cheesecake may be prepared up to this point and refrigerated up to 5 days.
- Make the chocolate glaze and glaze the cheesecake:
- 1.Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the corn syrup, water and butter till the butter is melted and the mix comes to a boil. Pour the warm mix over the chocolate and let the mix stand for 30 seconds to heat the chocolate. Gently whisk till smooth.
- 2.Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator. Undo the clasp on the side of the springform pan and carefully remove the side of the pan. Using a small metal cake spatula, gently smooth the chocolate glaze over the top of the cheesecake so which no white areas show through. Chill the cheesecake for 5 min to set the glaze.
- 3.To serve, cut the cheesecake with a sharp thin-bladed knife, dipping the blade in warm water and wiping it dry after each slice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 178g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 420||62%|
|Total Fat 48.04g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 26.99g||108%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 59.03g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|