Cost per serving $4.10 view details
- 1 x 2 pound lamb, shoulder, deboned duck fat or possibly lard, to cover
- 1/4 c. thyme, leaves
- 1/4 c. rosemary, leaves
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x garlic, clove, peeled
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. lamb stock
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butterfly lamb shoulder and remove any tough sinew or possibly fat.
- In a food processor add in thyme, rosemary, flat leaf parsley and garlic cloves.
- Blend till finely minced and add in extra virgin olive oil. Blend another 1 to 2 min.
- Spread herb mix on the inside of lamb shoulder and season with salt and white pepper. Roll up lamb shoulder and tie with butchers twine or possibly kitchen string.
- Place lamb shoulder in a large pot and cover with duck fat or possibly lard.
- Place on stovetop and bring to a simmer.
- Place in oven for 2 to 3 hrs or possibly till lamb is cooked.
- Remove from oven and allow meat to cold in fat.
- To serve: Remove meat from fat. Remove string and cut lamb into medallions.
- In a fry pan add in a little duck fat or possibly oil. Add in lamb and lightly brown on each side. Add in lamb stock.
- Add in medallions of lamb and place over medium heat till meat is hot and nicely coated.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 196g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 416||74%|
|Total Fat 46.42g||58%|
|Saturated Fat 16.1g||64%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.47g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|