Cost per serving $0.23 view details
- Semolina/Sooji : 1 cup
- Curd: 1 cup
- Eno Salt: 1 tsp or one sachet (or 1 tsp baking sodaï»¿ plus 1 tsp limeï»¿ juice)
- Salt :1 tsp
- Spinach Puree : 2 tsp, boiled and pureed
- Red Pepper and Tomato Puree : 2 tsp, boiled and pureed
- Roasted cashews: few
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Cooking Oil : 1/2 tsp for greasing the moulds
- Add measured quantities of semolina (sooji), salt and whipped curd/yogurt in a bowl.
- Mix these ingredients gently for 1 minute with a spoon until it develops into a smooth consistency batter. Divide this batter into three separate bowls.
- Preparing Idli's:
- We will now add different ingredients into each bowl to get three different colors and flavors of idli.
- To make fresh green idli, add spinach puree and eno salt in the first bowl, mix gently.
- For red idlis, add red pepper, tomato puree and eno to the second bowl, give it a quick stir.
- For white idlis, add roasted cashews and eno to the third bowl, again mix well.
- Prepare the idli moulds by lightly brushing with oil and pour half cup of water at bottom of idli stand. Use a tablespoon to pour separate batters into the idli moulds. As you can see in the picture I added a mustard seed on top of each idli.
- Once we are done with the batter, cover the idli maker with the lid and place it in a microwave.
- For Regular size Moulds, cook in the microwave for approx 4 minutes, and for mini-idlis's cook for ~2 minutes. Once done, wait for a couple of minutes, remove the lid & scoop out the Idli's using a spoon or idli spatula.
- Piping Hot Idli's are ready to be enjoyed with homemade tomato, coconut chutneys and sambar.... !!!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 88g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 26||52%|
|Total Fat 2.92g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.38g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 2.59g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|