Cost per serving $0.24 view details
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. honey tangerine juice
- 8 x fresh hearts of palm
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced red onions
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 c. thinly-sliced roasted yellow bell peppers
- 2 med honey tangerines peeled, pith removed and segmented
- 1/4 c. fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 c. chiffonade fresh spinach stems removed Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste Drizzle of extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 4 lb stone crab claws cooked, shells cracked and removed, meat chilled
- 1 Tbsp. finely-minced fresh parsley leaves
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, and fruit juice, bring to a boil, and cook till reduced by three-fourths, or possibly the mix has thickened like syrup. Remove from the heat and pour the mix into a small glass bowl. Let cold completely.
- Slice each heart of palm into thin strips. In a mixing bowl, combine the hearts of palm, onions, peppers, tangerine segments, tarragon and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with sufficient extra virgin olive oil to moisten the salad. In another mixing bowl, toss the crab claws with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, mound the hearts of palm salad in the center of each plate. Lay a couple of the crab claws around the salad. Drizzle the entire plate with the Gastrique. Garnish with parsley.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 82g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||0%|
|Total Fat 0.14g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.04g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 51.23g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|