The red sauce is quite a looker..the smell is captivating and the most important thing with this recipe is that when we cook it, we think about the left over. The taste and texture is well improved if you purposely eat this the next day.
- 1/2 kg chicken thigh or breast (500 grams) boneless without skin,cut into medium cubes
- 1/2 kg pork pork belly ( 500 grams) cut into medium cubes
- separately marinate the meat in the ff seasoning for 6 hours or overnight
- a. 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- b. 1 tsp rice wine
- c. 1 tbsp cornstarch
- d. 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- e. 1/2 tsp sugar
- set aside in the fridge.
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 head garlic grated
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- 1 can tomato whole chopped with juice
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup water
- 2 PCs medium potato each divided into 8 cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper, both of them cut into medium cubes
- Prepare the meat ahead, marinate them separately using the ingredients above ( first five ingredients) it means you have to prepare 2 sets of the marinate, for chicken and for pork
- Set aside in the fridge for at least 6 hours but if you can manage, do it overnight.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil and fry the marinated meat, chicken meat first.
- Just fry them until the meat turns white or the raw look fades. We fry them first in order to seal the natural flavor and tenderness of the meat.
- Fry the cubed potatoes for 30 seconds and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add 2 tbsp olive oil and saute garlic and onion.Wait until the aroma comes out.
- Then add in 3 tbsp tomato paste dissolve in 3 tbsp water. Stir until well mixed and add the fried pork meat.
- Add in chopped whole tomato together with its juice. Cover and let it boil then turn the heat to simmering mode and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add in the fried chicken meat and cubed potatoes
- Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes. Stir from time time.
- Just add 1/2 cup water to 1 cup water little by little or only if you think its necessary.
- Add the rest of the seasoning : pepper, salt, sugar, chili flakes, paprika and oregano.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes. Then add cubed red and green bell pepper.
- Adjust the seasoning accordingly. Cook for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 314g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 464||75%|
|Total Fat 51.44g||64%|
|Saturated Fat 17.95g||72%|
|Trans Fat 0.15g|
|Total Carbs 17.1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|