Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 2 medium milkfish around 2 lbs.cleaned without flesh and marinated,flesh will be around
- 300 grams fish meat seasoned,cooked and deboned
- Seasoning for the fish meat:
- 1 tsp rice wine
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Marinate the whole fish head and skin:
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 ground pepper
- 2 tsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- For the stuffings:
- 150 grams ground pork
- 50 grams chopped ham
- 50 grams fried bacon
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup carrots grated
- 1/4 cup jicama or singkamas grated
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp pickles relish
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 2 beaten eggs with 3 tbsp corn flour combined together
- 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup corn starch combined together
- more oil for frying
- Pound fish to loosen meat from the skin.
- Note: I opted to use my rolling pin.Break the big bone at the nape and on the tail.
- Insert a spoon through the fish neck.
- Gently scrape down the handle between the meat and the skin.
- Scrape down to the tail,going around and on the other side of the fish.
- If you feel the meat is entirely separated from the skin,remove the spoon,squeeze and push out meat(with the big bone),starting from the tail going out through the head.This way, you will be able to push out the whole meat without cutting an opening on the skin.
- Marinate skin and head of the fish with soy sauce and calamansi juice. Set aside.
- Boil fish meat in a little water with apple cider vinegar,rice wine,ground pepper and water.
- Drain.Pick out bones.Flake meat.
- In a pan heat a little oil and fry the bacon.Set Aside.
- Using the same pan,add some oil and saute garlic and onion.
- Add ground pork and cook for 10 minutes.
- Next add in the fish meat and chopped ham.Cook for 3 minutes.
- Then,fried bacon,add carrots, jincama,celery,bell pepper,pickles relish and raisin.
- Cook for three minutes and add the seasonings:ginger juice,salt,seasoned salt.paprika,mustard,oregano and ground pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes more and turn off the heat.
- Transfer cooked mixture to bowl,
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Then add beaten eggs with corn flour.
- Combine the mixture properly.Next,through the gills,spoon in mixture in bangus skin.
- Coat with the combination of corn starch and flour.Fry in a very hot oil.
- Let it cool,slice and serve with catsup.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 120g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 85||45%|
|Total Fat 9.45g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3.07g||12%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 10.67g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|