Cost per serving $1.72 view details
- 2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 3/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. packed golden sugar
- 1/2 c. orange marmalade
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 3 c. (lightly packed) grated peeled carrots
- 3/4 c. minced toasted walnuts
- 4 x (8-oz) pkgs. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1Â 1/4 c. (about) orange marmalade
- 6 Tbsp. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1Â 1/4 c. finely minced toasted [black] walnuts (about 6 ounces)
- For Cake:Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 2-inch-high sides. Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl. Beat Large eggs, oil, sugars, marmalade and juice in large bowl till blended. Stir in dry ingredients. Mix in carrots and nuts. Divide batter between cake pans. Bake till tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 40 min.
- Transfer cakes to racks; cold 15 min. Turn out cakes onto racks; cold completely.
- For Frosting:Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl till smooth.
- Add in 3/4 c. marmalade, butter and orange peel and beat just till smooth. If necessary, cover and refrigeratetill hard sufficient to spread.
- Place 1 cake on plate. Spread with 1/4 c. marmalade. Spread 1 c. frosting over. Top with second cake. Spoon 2 c. frosting into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Spread remaining frosting smoothly over top and sides of cake. Pipe frosting in 4 parallel lines atop cake in opposite direction, forming
- lattice. Press 1 c. nuts onto sides of cake. Pipe ring of frosting around top edge of cake. Stir 1/4 c. marmalade to loosen; spoon some into 1 row of lattice diamonds. Spoon some remaining nuts into next row of diamonds.
- Repeat, alternating marmalade and nuts, filling rows completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover with cake dome and chill.)
- Yield: 12 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 207g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 433||57%|
|Total Fat 49.3g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 20.0g||80%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 74.28g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|