- 6 x Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 quart Chicken stock
- 1/2 Tbsp. White pepper
- 1/3 lb American cheese
- 2 c. Whole lowfat milk
- 1 stk butter
- 1 c. All-purpose flour Lowfat sour cream, for garnish Crumbled bacon, for garnish Minced chives, for garnish Shredded cheese, for garnish
- Bring stock to boil. Add in white pepper and potatoes. Cook till potatoes are about half done. In a separate pan, heat butter and add in flour a little at a time, stirring to make a roux. Cook roux about 3 min. Add in roux to potatoes a little at a time. Add in cheese and lowfat milk. Turn down heat to very low and simmer for about 15 min. Garnish with a dollop of lowfat sour cream, minced chives and shredded cheese.
- Makes one gallon of soup.