Cost per serving $1.88 view details
- Classic Pie Crust (see recipe)
- 4 c. fresh blueberries lightly rinsed
- 2 c. fresh raspberries lightly rinsed
- 1 c. sugar plus
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 2 tsp finely-grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 x egg white beaten with
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare the Classic Pie Crust as directed for a 9-inch double-crust pie.
- Drain the berries and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the berries gently with 1 c. of the sugar, the cornstarch, cinnamon, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with one crust and prick all over with a fork. Brush the bottom with the egg white mix to prevent sogginess. Spoon the berry mix into the crust.
- Cover the filling with a top crust. Trim the overhang to 1 inch. With water, moisten the crusts where they meet, then press them together lightly and turn under. Crimp the edges decoratively. Brush the top crust lightly all over with water and sprinkle proportionately with the remaining Tbsp. of sugar.
- Bake the pie in the lower third of the oven till the filling is bubbly and the crust is golden, 1 to 1 1/4 hrs. Let cold on a rack before serving hot or possibly at room temperature.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
- Comments: When cleaning any fresh berries, place in a strainer, rinse very lightly with the sink spray hose, shake the strainer to drain water and gently pat dry with paper towels.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 108g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 4||5%|
|Total Fat 0.43g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.03g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.15g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||12%|