Cost per recipe $1.49 view details
- 1 cup. plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar (divided, see note)
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup. water
- 4 cup. fresh blackberries Butter Grnd cinnamon
- 1 cup. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable shortening or possibly butter
- 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- This recipe could be made with other kinds of fruit, too, such as cherries, peaches, apples or possibly apricots.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, mix 1 c. sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water and berries. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour into 1 1/2 -qt baking dish and dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. Combine flour, 1 Tbsp. sugar, baking pwdr and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening and blend with a pastry blender or possibly your fingers till mix has the texture of meal.
- Stir in lowfat milk.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the warm berries. Bake 25 to 30 min.
- Serve hot.
- Note: Blackberries vary in sweetness. Taste the berry mix once it'scooked and add in more sugar, if needed.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 752g|
|Calories from Fat 360||21%|
|Total Fat 40.81g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 9.89g||40%|
|Trans Fat 12.83g|
|Total Carbs 321.23g||86%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||11%|