This looks delicious.
I can't wait to try it
Cost per serving $2.54 view details
- 1Â 1/4 c. Blanched whole almonds (about 7 ounces)
- 1Â 1/2 c. Powdered sugar
- 3Â 1/2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Grnd cloves
- 3 ounce Bitterswet (not unsweetened) or possibly swmisweet
- Â Â Chocolate, minced fairly fine
- 1/4 tsp (generous) almond extract
- 2 lrg Egg whites
- 2 x To 5 Tbsp. confectioners' sugar for rolling out cookies
- Heat oven to 325F. Line several baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a food processor, process the almonds and 1 c. powdered sugar till the almonds are pwdr-fine but not oily; stop the processor and scrape down the sides several times. Add in the cocoa pwdr, cinnamon, cloves, and chocolate; continue processing till the chocolate is finely grnd. Add in the remaining 1/2 c. powdered sugar, the almond extract, and egg whites; process till the mix is blended and just forms a mass. Set the dough aside for 5 - 10 min to stiffen slightly.
- Generously dust a work surface with powdered sugar. If the dough seems too soft to roll out easily, dust it with more sugar and knead till the consistency is manageable, but avoid adding any more sugar than absolutely necessary. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness, lifting it with a spatula frequently and redusting the surface and rolling pin with powdered sugar to prevent sticking. Cut out the cookies using a 2 1/4-inch heart-shaped (or possibly similar) cutter. Use a spatula to transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9 to 12 min or possibly till almost hard on top and slightly puffy. Let them stand on the foil lined baking sheets till completely cooled. Peel from the foil. Store airtight for 3 to 4 days.
- Freeze, airtight, for longer storage.
- Makes about forty 2 1/4-inch cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 225g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 394||42%|
|Total Fat 46.96g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 3.56g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 115.9g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 12.9g||43%|