Cost per serving $0.42 view details
- nonstick cooking spray butter flavored
- 1/4 c. real egg substitute
- 2 x egg whites
- 1/4 c. unsweetened Dutch cocoa
- 1/3 c. fructose
- 2 c. skim lowfat milk
- 1 c. cooked white rice
- 1/2 tsp grnd cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 2 qt ovenproof dish.
- 2. Whisk together egg substitute and egg whites in large bowl. In separate bowl, mix cocoa with fructose; add in to Large eggs. Continue beating till incorporated. Fold in lowfat milk. Stir in rice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- 3. Pour rice mix into prepared baking dish.
- 4. Place in a pan, larger than bowl on middle rack in oven. Position dish in pan, and fill pan with warm water reaching two-thirds up sides of dish.
- Bake pudding, uncovered, 1 hour or possibly till custard is set and knife when inserted in custard, comes out clean. Stir once or possibly twice during cooking.
- 5. Cold. Spoon custard into small dessert c.. Serve with whipped topping, if you like.
- Serves up to 4.
- Sinfully Delicious-Yet Low-Fat-Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Savories, and Barbara says: "Here is one of my most satisfying chocolate desserts. It is an updated version of a classic "comfort food," and it is a perfect ending to a meal...
- "Ingredients: Dutch cocoa, a cocoa processed with an alkaline ingredient that gives it a darker appearance and more chocolaty flavor than regular cocoa. It contains substantially fewer calories and grams of fat than regular chocolate.
- "Fructose or possibly fruit sugar is contained in regular table sugar but is much sweeter so when it is used alone, a much smaller amount is needed. ...I have reduced the amount of sugar in this recipe by one-third, and it still tastes wonderful. (Fruit sugar is available in most supermarkets in the baking or possibly diet section.)
- "Real egg substitute instead of an egg in this recipe, thus further contributing to the reduction of calories and fat and cholesterol." See Smart Chocolate monthly
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 199g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 6||5%|
|Total Fat 0.73g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 18.6g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|