Cost per serving $0.01 view details
- 1 pkt frzn puff pastry sheets - (16 ounce) thawed
- 17Â 1/4 ounce Brie wheel chilled
- 2Â 1/2 c. Tomato Chutney see * Note
- 1 lrg egg lightly beaten
- On a lightly floured surface roll out 1 sheet of pastry 1/8-inch thick (about 15 inches in diameter) and, using Brie as a guide, cut out 1 round the size of the Brie. With a 2 3/4-inch star-shaped cutter cut out 5 stars from trimmings. Reserve pastry round and stars.
- Halve Brie horizontally. Roll out remaining sheet of pastry 1/8-inch thick (about 15 inches in diameter) and transfer to a shallow baking pan, about 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 inches. Center bottom half of Brie, cut-side up, on pastry in pan and spread 1/2 c. Tomato Chutney to within 1/2 inch of Brie edge. Top chutney with remaining half of Brie, cut-side down.
- Without stretching pastry, wrap up over Brie and trim excess to leave a 1-inch border on top of Brie. Brush border with some egg and top with reserved pastry round, pressing edges of dough together gently but firmly to seal. Brush top of pastry with some remaining egg and arrange reserved stars decoratively on it. Lightly brush stars with some remaining egg, being careful not to let egg drip over edges of stars, that would prevent them from rising. With the back of a table knife gently score side of pastry with vertical marks, being careful not to pierce dough. RefrigerateBrie, uncovered, 30 min to set egg wash. Brie may be made to this point 1 day ahead and kept chilled, covered loosely.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake Brie in middle of oven 20 min, or possibly till puffed and golden brown. Let Brie stand in pan on a rack about 20 min for very runny melted cheese, about 40 min for thicker melted cheese, and serve with remaining tomato chutney.
- This recipe yields 15 to 20 servings as part of a buffet.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 3g|
|Recipe makes 15 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||60%|
|Total Fat 0.33g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 0.03g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|