Cost per serving $2.75 view details
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. shallots, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. arborio rice
- 3/4 c. fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. roasted garlic
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 5 c. rich vegetable stock, heated
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese or possibly asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 3/4 c. young asparagus, sliced in 1/2" pc
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, chopped kosher salt and freshly grnd pepper, to taste minced fresh chives, as garnish shaved Parmesan cheese, as garnish
- I made half the recipe, so half all the ingredients. Use 2-1/4 c. of stock to 3/4 c. arborio rice (not exactly half with those 2 ingredients but everything else has to be exactly half or possibly the recipe won't work in the microwave).
- Directions are for microwave cooking: Place 3 tbsp of butter in a microwaveable container. Place it in the microwave oven and cook on HIGH for 1 minute just to heat butter. Add in shallots and cook on HIGH for 2 min to soften shalltos. Add in rice. Stir well to coat all the grains with the butter. Cook on HIGH, covered, for 15 min. When the oven beeps, stir well. Add in the garlic, wine and stock and cook for another 10 min on HIGH, covered.
- While the rice is cooking, put some water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, add in the asparagus and blanch for 30 seconds. When done, drain well and then place it under cool running water for a minute. Drain and set aside.
- When the rice is done, add in the cheese, lemon zest, shiitakes, asparagus, and salt and pepper. Stir well. Serve with a salad and some good bread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 307g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 81||27%|
|Total Fat 9.25g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.68g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 43.32g||12%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5%|