Cost per serving $0.79 view details
- 1 x 15-oz can navy beans rinsed, liquid removed
- 1 x 15-oz can red beans rinsed, liquid removed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 lrg carrots diagonally sliced
- 3 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 14 1/2-Oz can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth - divided2 Tbsp. cornstarch1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce - (2-3)
- 4 c. cooked ricesliced green onionswith tops, as garnishchopped peanutsas garnish
- Instructions:Place beans, chicken, carrots, garlic, ginger and 1 1/2 c. chicken broth in slow cooker, and stir well. Cover and cook on low till beans are tender, 5 1/2 to 6 hrs. Turn slow cooker to high. Stir in combined cornstarch and remaining 1/2 c. chicken broth; stir in crushed red pepper. Cover and cook till thickened, about 30 min. Stir in soy sauce.
- Serve over rice; spinkle with green onions and peanuts.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 222g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 13||4%|
|Total Fat 1.53g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.34g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 54.89g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 19.4g||65%|