Cost per recipe $34.77 view details
- Â Â CAKE
- 1 c. Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 c. Unbleached white flour
- 1 c. Cocoa pwdr, sifted
- 1 c. Hazelnuts, toasted, finely grnd
- 2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 c. Sunflower or possibly walnut oil
- 1 c. Maple syrup
- 1 c. Almond lowfat milk
- 1 x zest of an orange
- 1/2 c. Orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- Â Â FILLING
- 10 ounce jar Fruit-sweetened raspberry jam
- Â Â (Makes 3/4 to 1 c.)
- 1Â 1/2 c. (about 6 ounce.) Raspberries, or possibly 10-ounce. frzn berries
- 1/3 c. (more with frzn berries) Brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Â Â CHOCOLATE SAUCE/ICING
- 1Â 1/2 c. Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. Sunflower oil (optional)
- 2 c. Cocoa pwdr, sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Oil the sides and cut parchment paper to fit the bottom of 2 cake tins or possibly a 9-inch springform pan, or possibly oil a Bundt pan.
- To prepare cake, in a large bowl mix dry ingredients. Add in three quarters of the grnd hazelnuts to batter, reserving remainder. In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients and add in to dry. Whisk gently to create a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake till cake tests done, 25 to 30 min for layers, 50 to 60 min for springform cake, or possibly 40 to 45 min for Bundt cake.
- Transfer pan to cooling rack for at least 15 min. Remove cake from pan and allow to cold completely.
- To make raspberry coulis, puree berries in a food processor or possibly food mill. Strain through a gine strainer to remove seeds. Whisk in sweetener and vanilla and chill. To make chocolate sauce or possibly icing, in a 2-qt saucepan heat together sweetener and oil. (The oil adds a slightly more luscious quality but may be omitted for a sweeter and less bittersweet taste.) Whisk in cocoa pwdr. Simmer for several min, less for sauce, more for icing. Turn heat off and stir in vanilla.
- Pour 1 c. hot sauce over Bundt cake, or possibly chill icing till spreadable for layer or possibly springform cake, up to an hour in a shallow bowl. For layers, spread jam in center and frost top and sides with chocolate icing. Sprinkle remainder of hazelnuts over chocolate sauce or possibly icing. Keep cake cold.
- Spoon coulis on individual plates and place a slice of cake on top to serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1738g|
|Calories from Fat 2069||34%|
|Total Fat 234.57g||293%|
|Saturated Fat 21.36g||85%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 933.09g||249%|
|Dietary Fiber 76.9g||256%|