Cost per recipe $1.05 view details
- 1/2 lb (about 1 3/4 c.) whole blanched almonds
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Light corn syrup
- 1 tsp Almond extract
- Here is a recipe for Almond Paste from the book "Secrets of A Jewish Baker"
- by George Greenstein. It is really a treasure trove of how to's. This is one recipe I have yet to try.
- Grind the almonds and 2 Tbsp. of the water in a food processor till the mix has a smooth texture when rubbed between your fingers.
- Hot the remaining 2 Tbsp. of water in a heavy saucepan. Add in the sugar and corn syrup. Heat the mix slowly till the sugar melts, then bring it to a boil. Cover and boil for 3 min.
- Remove the lid but don't stir the mix. Heat the mix to 240 degrees F (soft ball stage). (You may find it helpful to use a candy thermometer) Remove the pan from the heat and add in the almond extract.
- With the food processor running, slowly add in the warm syrup to the almonds till the paste forms a ball.
- When almond paste is cold, place in a sealable plastic bag or possibly tightly covered container and chill. Allow to season for one week. Bring to room temperature before using.
- Yield: About 1 lb.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 307g|
|Calories from Fat 1||0%|
|Total Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 234.28g||62%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|