Cost per serving $2.09 view details
- 1/4 ounce imported dry mushrooms
- Â Â (such as porcini)
- 4 lrg leeks - (abt 2 lbs total)
- 4 x boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 c. chicken stock or possibly broth
- 2 Tbsp. white port
- Â Â (or possibly other white wine)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 c. warm water
- 1/3 c. whipping cream
- Â Â Freshly-grated nutmeg to taste
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- Â Â Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Put mushrooms in a small dish and cover with warm water. Let soak till soft, about 30 min. Drain and slice the mushrooms.
- Trim the coarse green ends from the leeks. Slit the leeks and fan the leaves open under cool water to remove the dirt. Quarter them lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Lb. each breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper or possibly plastic wrap to a uniform thickness of about 1/4 inch. Combine the chicken stock and port wine in the pressure cooker. Add in chicken breasts and leeks. Close pressure cooker. Bring up to full pressure for 2 min. Release pressure. Set chicken aside and tent it with aluminium foil.
- Remove all but 1/4 c. of the cooking liquid from the bottom of the pressure cooker. Add in mushrooms and mustard. Heat to a boil. Add in cream and cook over high heat till it thickens slightly, 2 to 3 min. Add in nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste, remove from fire.
- To serve, spoon leeks onto serving plate and top with a chicken breast.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 265g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 150||50%|
|Total Fat 16.77g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 6.04g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 3.49g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|