Don’t you just love a good tuna sandwich? Such a popular sandwich most of us have enjoyed since we were kids. Many of us think that if we order a tuna sandwich in a restaurant, it’s the healthiest, low fat choice, right? The fact is, most restaurants prepare it using oil packed tuna and gobs of regular mayonnaise. Even Subway’s 6-inch sandwich, prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise, has a shocking 530 calories and 31 grams of fat! Our sandwich happily has 216 calories, 5 grams of fat, 6 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS and even 6 grams of fiber! We’re using a small amount of light mayonnaise and mixing in pickle relish, which really adds flavor and allows you to use a lot less mayo. Our yummy sandwich is perfect for an easy lunch and great for packing a lunch.
Weight Watchers (old points) 4
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
SKINNY FACTS: for one sandwich
216 calories, 5g fat, 19g protein, 29g carbs, 6g fiber, 559mg sodium, 2g sugar
- 1 (5 oz) can chunk white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained and rinsed with water
- 1Â½ tablespoons light mayonnaise (we like Best Foods Light)
- 1Â½ tablespoons pickle relish
- 2 Oroweat Sandwich Thins, see shopping tip
- Spicy brown mustard or regular yellow mustard
- Tomato slices
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, add the drained tuna, mayonnaise, pickle relish and mix together.
- Split open the sandwich thins and spread each inside piece with mustard.
- Divide the tuna and spread on the bottom side of each sandwich thin. Top each sandwich with tomato and lettuce. Add each sandwich thin top, mustard side in. Cut in half and serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 218g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 104||47%|
|Total Fat 11.71g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 1.94g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 8.05g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|