One of the many variants of 'pancit'. Noodles. Asian flavored, asian taste, Pinoy style.
- 400g vermicelli (rice noodles)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp atchuete (annatto) powder
- 1kg small cooked prawns
- 1kg minced pork
- 2 (305g) cans cream of chicken soup
- 800ml (3 1/4 cups) chicken broth
- Optional garnish:
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 hard boiled eggs, crumbled
- Crushed pork rinds
- Fried garlic
- Soak the noodles in warm water for 5 minutes. In a large pot, boil some water and cook the noodles until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat and saute the onion and garlic. Set aside half this mixture for the sauce.
- Stir in the atchuete powder for a deep red orange color, followed by the prawns. Simmer for 2 minutes and set aside.
- In a large pot, brown the minced pork until it is no longer pink. Add the remaining half of the onion-garlic mixture, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream of chicken soup and stir until well mixed. Add the chicken broth and stir until it becomes a thick sauce. Set aside.
- To serve, place a portion of the noodles on a plate, ladle a portion of the sauce over, and top with a small portion of the prawn mixture.
- Garnish with spring onions, egg, crushed pork rinds, and fried garlic.