- 2 lb fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 6 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 c. minced hazelnuts
- 1/4 c. red onion, sliced
- 2/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam green beans till crisp-tender. Remove from heat and allow to cold. Combine beans, cheese, hazelnuts, and onion together in a large bowl. In a cruet, combine extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper and shake well. Pour over green bean mix and toss. Refrigeratetill ready to serve. This salad presents very well and is also very tasty. With the onions, slice them very thin and then soak them in cool water for about 25 min before adding them to the salad. This will help tone down the strong onion flavor.