Okay, I know this isn’t a TRADITIONAL Green Chili, but I had to make something my toddler might eat. You can certainly heat it up with fresh jalapenos or anything else you might like. I just took a few different recipes and messed around with them until I came up with this. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 pork tenderloin, add whole or cut in half to fit crockpot
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 4 small cans diced green chili
- 1 can white navy beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 c water
- 2 cans (14oz) chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 c uncooked minute rice
- Add everything except the rice to a crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. The longer you cook it the better it tastes. One hour before its done cooking remove tenderloin and cut into bite size pieces, return it to the pot. Add rice and stir. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour..
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and flour tortillas. YUM!