Cost per serving $1.73 view details
- 2 1/2 cups packaged chocolate chip cookies, crushed into bite-size bits
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup glazed cherries
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the cookies, pecan halves, raisins, and cherries.
- Place a piece of parchment inside an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Parchment should hang over the edges all around. (Alternatively, you can butter the dish on all sides.)
- Place a large saucepan or deep skillet on low heat, melt 2 sticks of butter then add in the brown sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a simmer. Stir to make sure the sugar is melted and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the butter mixture to the cookies, pecans, raisins and cherries. Stir until combined. Pour the warm mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly with a spatula or the back of a large spoon.
- Place a medium saucepan of water, about 2 cups, onto a medium heat. Then place a heat-proof bowl over it to create a double boiler. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl. Allow the chocolate to sit for 1 minute over the heat. When it starts to melt, stir until it's completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate over top of the pecan mixture. Spread out evenly. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for about 1 hour or into the freezer for 10 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Once set, tip out onto a cutting board, peel off the parchment and with a sharp knife cut the slab into small squares and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 137g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 391||57%|
|Total Fat 44.64g||56%|
|Saturated Fat 20.96g||84%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 71.0g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||13%|