Everything but the crust for a delicious Margherita Pizza
Servings: 4 Servings
Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1 sprig parsley, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1-1/2 cups canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1-1/2 cup fresh mozzarella (comes in olive oil), halved
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- In a 10-inch skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high.
- SautÃ© onion and parsley to golden
- Stir in garlic and oregano for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes, crushing them as they go into the pan (do not substitute crushed tomatoes).
- Boil, stirring, 5 minutes or until thick.
- Spread sauce over rolled out crust, sprinkle with basil, mozzarella, and finally the oil.
- Finish with generous black pepper and a little salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes or as directed on your pizza crust
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 192g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 189||73%|
|Total Fat 21.42g||27%|
|Saturated Fat 7.19g||29%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.35g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||5%|