Cost per serving $2.78 view details
- 1 lb Grnd Beef
- 3/4 c. Green Pepper, minced
- 8 ounce Tomato Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Liquid Barbecue Smoke
- 4 Tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 96 ounce Pork and beans Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 lb Bacon, smoked
- 1 c. Onions, minced
- 1/8 c. Mustard
- 1 c. Water
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar Salt to Taste
- 1. In a large frying pan, cook grnd beef in its' own fat.
- 2. Add in green pepper and onion.
- 3. Saute/fry till beef is brown and vegetables are limp.
- 4. With the exception of 4 strips of bacon, cut bacon into 2-inch strips and add in to grnd beef mix.
- 5. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, vinegar, garlic, mustard, thyme, brown sugar, liquid hickory smoke, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6. Simmer together 5 min.
- 7. Turn pork 'n beans into a greased 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- 8. Spoon meat mix over top.
- 9. Place long strips of bacon over top of grnd beef.
- 10. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 min.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 313g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 217||45%|
|Total Fat 24.09g||30%|
|Saturated Fat 8.52g||34%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 14.59g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||8%|