Just love having a freezer! You can put together a meal in no time with leftovers, frozen pre-prepped veggies, frozen sauces – you name it.
Thawed a small jar of homemade sauce in the refrigerator overnight. Really I figured I would just make a quick macaroni dish and get it over with.
Instead I wanted Spanish rice. So I pulled some chopped red and green bell pepper and onion out of the freezer and placed in my pan with a bit of water. Added paprika and chili powder and a bit of crushed red pepper flakes and let that cook until the veggies were nice and tender.
Meanwhile – boiled my water and added my minute rice to the pan……..wait and fluff.
Once the veggies were ready, I added my sauce to heat through until nice and hot. By that time I was able to fluff my rice and add to my pan.
Tad-da – done!
- Chopped onion
- Chopped red bell sweet peppers
- Chopped green bell sweet peppers
- Sauce (I used homemade that I had frozen, you can use your favorite sauce, marinara, etc.)
- Minute Rice
- I used frozen onions and peppers from my freezer which I sauteed in a bit of water until tender.
- Added my seasonings - chili powder, paprika, and a bit of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Since I used my homemade sauce I didn't need any other seasonings.
- Cooked my minute rice and added to my sauteed veggies with my sauce and heated through.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 294g|
|Calories from Fat 5||6%|
|Total Fat 0.56g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.13g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.66g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|