If you have never had Lion House rolls, you are missing out! These are made by the Lion House Pantry Restaurant and are the best rolls I've ever had.
I decided to try making them will 100% THRIVE ingredients. I really wanted them to turn out so I could post them here. I've made them before using real butter and milk and eggs. They were good...really good, but not quite like the restaurant's. With THRIVE, they tasted just like those at the Restaurant. My husband and kids loved them.
- 2 1/4 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees F)
- 2/3 cup THRIVE powdered milk
- 2 Tablespoons dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup THRIVE butter powder
- 1 Tablespoon THRIVE whole egg powder
- 5to 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Combine water and milk stir until milk dissolves. Add yeast, then sugar, salt, butter powder, egg powder, and 2 cups of the flour. Mix on low speed until ingredients are wet, then for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Add 2 more cups of flour; mix on low speed until incorporated, then for 2 minutes at medium speed. Work in the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until the dough is soft, not overly sticky, but workable and not stiff. (You probably won't use all the flour).
- Scrape the dough off the sides of the bowl and pour about a tablespoon of vegetable oil down the sides. Rotate the dough ball so that all sides are covered. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise til double in size (about 30-45 minutes).
- Flour a surface for rolling out the dough and turn the dough out. (Split dough in half and do the following twice if you want small rolls) Roll the dough into a rectangle that is 8 inches by 12 inches. Cut once down the middle the long way, then cut into two inch wide strips (making twelve 2 inch by 4 inch strips). Then just roll the strips up from their short end and place into the pan seam side down. It will look like you rolled individual cinnamon rolls and placed them in the pan on their sides.
- Place in a greased pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise again until double in size, about 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- While rolls are baking, mix 1/4 c. THRIVE butter powder with 2 tablespoons HOT water and whisk quickly and thoroughly. Brush tops with butter mixture immediately when removed from the oven.
- Serve with this tasty 100% THRIVE Raspberry Honey Butter.
- Makes 1 dozen large or 2 dozen small rolls
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 51g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1||5%|
|Total Fat 0.09g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.01g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 4.93g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|