The Allergy-Prone’s Holy Grail: A Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Nut Free Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
With all the food allergies that affect my immediate family, it is a wonder any food ever made it on the dinner table.
Many of us plagued with food allergies often find more then just one food on their ‘Do Not Eat List.’ I have read hundreds of gluten free recipes, dairy free and egg free recipes but very few could boast Gluten, Dairy, AND Egg Free.
The recipe below is adapted from Cybele Pascal’s The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook and produces an intense chocolaty and delicious cupcake.
- 1 Cup Rice Milk
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Cup Bobâs Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix
- Â½ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Â¼ tsp + 1/8 Tsp Xanthan Gum
- Â¾ Tsp Baking Soda
- Â½ Tsp Double Acting Baking Powder
- Â¼ Tsp Salt
- Â¾ Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Oil
- 1 Â½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat Oven to 350Â° and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Combine the rice milk and vinegar, set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk together baking mix, cocoa powder, xantham gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined and there are no lumps.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and the rice milk-vinegar mixture for 1 minute, until mixture is frothy.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet until all they dry are incorporated. Do not over mix, batter will be lumpy.
- Fill cupcakes 2/3 full and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely & Enjoy!
-  After trying several gluten free baking mixes, I've found this recipe works much better when it is made with a baking mix that has a ratio of rice flour.
-  Xantham gum is made from a tiny microorganism called Xanthomonas campestris. It is a natural carbohydrate and used as a replacement for the gluten protein that is found in wheat flour. It is what creates structure in bake goods and can be purchased at health food stores, Whole Foods or online. It is best to store in a cool dry places (i.e. the Freezer).
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 38g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 5||7%|
|Total Fat 0.54g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 16.49g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|