No wonder brownie bites are so popular. These bite size morsels of double dark chocolate are totally sinful! What a great 4 bite treat when you’re in the mood for chocolate. I like to cut mine into four’s before eating. They’re so easy to make since I’ve started with my all time favorite brownie mix and made just a few changes to the original recipe. First off, I was able to cut the oil in half and add applesauce instead. Next, I used coffee to replace the water. The coffee really deepens the chocolate flavor and you don’t taste the coffee at all. Finally, this recipe calls for 1 large egg and I used a healthy Egg-land’s Best egg. The skinny for each brownie bite is 79 calories, 3 grams of fat and 2 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. Great to serve for parties. They’re a little crispy on the outside, very moist on the inside and pure chocolate bliss!
- Â¼ cup regular brewed coffee or decaf, cooled
- Â¼ cup canola oil
- Â¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg, I love using Egg-landâs Best eggs
- 1 (20 oz) box Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat 3 mini muffin trays with cooking spray, with flour in it, see shopping tip.
- Do not use the recipe on the back of the box. Follow my recipe. In a large bowl or electric mixer, mix together the cooled coffee, canola oil, applesauce and egg. Stir in the brownie mix and mix until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups about 1 tablespoon each, with batter. Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in edge of brownie bites comes out clean. Do not over-bake. They should still be fudgy inside. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve for a party or freeze them. When in the mood for just a small treat, zap in the microwave for about 20 seconds to defrost.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 6g|
|Recipe makes 36 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||94%|
|Total Fat 1.65g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.16g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 0.2g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|