Who doesn't like Rice Krispy Treats. I like making mine home made. I like to make really big pieces. The kind that could feed a whole family The recipe is pretty simple, In fact I think there are very few recipes that are easier to make. I have been getting a lot of comments lately from some really nice people thanking me for having pretty simple recipes. I want to thank you all for reading them, and taking the time to comment. Especially if it is an idea on how to improve my website. I have always thought cooking should be simple and I honestly believe the simpler the recipe the better it tastes. It may be the fact that I don't like complicated recipes. Anyhow, here is another sweet and simple one for you.. I hope you try it soon. I added the recipe below, just in case you forgot.
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- 3. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cut into squares when cool.
- Yield: 24 squares, 2 x 2 inches.
- Note: Use fresh marshmallows for best results.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Microwave butter and marshmallows on full power in large glass mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Microwave on full power 1 1/2 to 2 minutes longer. Stir until smooth. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Press into pan as directed in Step
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 41g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 35||22%|
|Total Fat 4.01g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.47g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.29g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0%|