Qubani ka Meetha is a very popular dessert in Hyderabadi cuisine. It is a common feature at Hyderabadi weddings.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- Qubani (Dried Apricots)-250gm
- Sugar-150gm or to taste
- Warm water
- Blanched almonds (Badam) to garnish (optional only if using pitted Apricots)
- Whipped cream/ Vanilla Ice Cream / Custard for serving
- Wash and soak apricots in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Deseed the apricots and crack open the kernels using a nut cracker and soak the nuts in a cup of water to loosen their skin. (If using pitted apricots, completely omit this process and proceed to next step).
- Pressure cook the apricot with the soaking liquid to make them soft and tender.
- Once the apricots are cool blend to a smooth puree and strain.
- Add sugar to the pureed apricots and cook stirring continuously till you get a thick paste (jam consistency).
- Garnish with the peeled apricot nuts or blanched almonds.
- Served chilled with whipped cream or custard or with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 71g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 42||42%|
|Total Fat 4.68g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2.72g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 11.71g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|