These were a huge hit at my October book club! You've never tasted anything quite like them...but you need to. These will make a beautiful display for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Try making them with the Pumpkin Cookies with Icing that I posted. They make a beautiful combination (see photo together). But if you just have time to make one of them...these are must have and they are nice to have!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (I used Trader Joe's organic)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips. divided
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly roll pan..
- Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda in a small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until blended and then gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in 1 1/2 cup morsels and the 2/3 cup nuts. Spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack or in the pan.
- Place remaining morsels in a heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH for 45 seconds then knead the bag. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut away a tiny corner from the bag and squeeze the bag to drizzle the white chocolate over the bars. Cut into bars.
- Estimated Times: Preparation - 15 minutes; Cooking - 22 minutes; Cooling Time - 10 minutes cooling.
- Yields 48 bars (4 dozen).