Cost per serving $0.94 view details
- 6 ripe peeled peaches, halved
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed, or Â½ tsp vanilla extract
- Â¼ cup water
- 8 tbsp. butter, softened
- Â½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- Â¼ tsp. salt
- Confectionerâs sugar, optional
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9 inch round cake pan or spring form pan.
- Place peaches cut side down in a large skillet with brown sugar, vanilla bean seeds or vanilla extract and water. Simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Add flour, salt and syrup from cooked peaches; beat until blended.
- Place peaches cut side down in prepared pan; top with batter. Bake 35â40 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. When cool, sprinkle with confectionerâs sugar, if desired.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 186g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 131||44%|
|Total Fat 14.85g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 8.8g||35%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.17g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|