Meyer lemons are dehydrated and ground into a glistening powder, packed with intense flavor.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Cost per serving $0.73 view details
- Beurre Blanc
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces and kept cold
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 dry- pack sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons Meyer Lemon Dust
- 1. Use a knife or a mandeline to slice the Meyer lemons into wafer thin slices and spread out on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. (I used 4 Meyer lemons.)
- 2. Bake them in a 275 degree oven for 3 hours, or until the lemons have darkened in color and are dehydrated.
- 3. Add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of sugar to the dehydrated slices. Use a spice grinder or coffee bean grinder (coffee bean residue removed of course) and working in batches, grind slices/sugar/salt mixture into a powdery dust.
- Prepare the Beurre Blanc:
- Place the shallots, zest, chile powder, juice, and wine in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Whisk in the cold butter, one tablspoon at a time, adding the next piece just as the previous one has melted. If the sauce gets too hot, remove it from the heat so that it does not separate; season with salt and pepper and keep warm over very low heat while you sear the scallops.
- Pat scallops dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the scallops. Cook 3-4 minutes on the first side; until bottom has a nice golden crust established. Flip and cook and additional 3-4 minutes on second side. Pool 1 1/2 tablespoons of the Beurre Blanc onto each of the serving plates and top with scallops. Sprinkle each of the scallops with a pinch of Meyer Lemon Dust (see recipe above)and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 52g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 233||93%|
|Total Fat 26.54g||33%|
|Saturated Fat 14.85g||59%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 1.27g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|