Cost per recipe $16.66 view details
- 3 lb. pork shoulder, trimmed of fat
- 2 C. stewed tomatoes
- 3 T. bacon grease
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/3 C. flour
- 3 C. water
- 3 medium onions chopped
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried, ground Mexican oregano
- 2 (16 oz.) cans whole green chiles
- Melt bacon grease in a skillet over medium-high heat. Put flour
- into a paper bag and shake the meat with the flour to coat meat.
- Add the meat to the bacon grease a little at a time and brown well
- and evenly.
- Remove the meat to a 5-quart Dutch oven. Add the onions and
- garlic to the skillet and saute until translucent. Add these to the
- pork in the pot. Stir in the remaining ingredients, bring pot to a
- boil, and keep stirring every 2 to 3 minutes. When boiling, lower
- heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasonings per personal taste, and cook for 30 minutes more
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 3157g|
|Calories from Fat 685||34%|
|Total Fat 76.23g||95%|
|Saturated Fat 26.25g||105%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 153.72g||41%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.4g||95%|