Meethe Pakode or Pue is always made by mom as a Karwa Chauth sweet, although I didn't make it for Karwa Chauth ,I ended up making it for Diwali and it turned out to be real nice .This recipe is by mom where in she uses Jaggery as a sweetener.
- Take a bowl, add Wheat flour, Jaggery and water. Mix it well so that there are no lumps in it.Set it aside for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours add fennel seeds to it and mix it well.
- Take a Wok /Kadhai add enough oil so as to fry the pue.
- Once the oil is warm , put one spoon full of mixture to the oil.You can add about 4 to 5 at the same time.
- After a minute turn it upside down so that both sides are cooked evenly
- You would know the meethe Pakode are ready once its brown in color.
- Take it off the pan and serve it.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 73g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 3||3%|
|Total Fat 0.42g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 19.68g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|