Cost per recipe $9.43 view details
- 1 lb shrimp - (36/42 per lb) shelled, deveined
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- Â Â (or possibly white wine vinegar)
- 1 x garlic clove pressed or possibly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. liquid removed capers minced
- 1 x baguette - (8 ounce)
- 1 x Roma tomato - (3 ounce)
- 1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped green onion
- Â Â Salt to taste
- 1/4 lb fresh chevre (goat) cheese
- In a 4- to 5-qt pan over high heat, bring about 2 qts water to a boil. Add in shrimp, cover, and cook just till opaque in thickest part (cut to test), about 2 min. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix oil, vinegar, garlic, capers, and shrimp. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, at least 30 min or possibly up to 1 day.
- Trim tips from ends of baguette and cut remaining bread crosswise into 36 equal slices. Set slices on racks on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven till golden brown, 6 to 8 min. If making ahead, store cold slices airtight up to 4 hrs.
- Seed and finely chop tomato. Add in tomato, bell pepper, and onion to shrimp mix. Season with salt to taste.
- Spread cheese on toast. Place vegetables and 1 shrimp on each piece.
- This recipe yields about 3 dozen appetizers.
- Comments: At the annual wine tasting at Clos du Lac Cellars, Jill Murphy, director of marketing and sales, serves shrimp toasts with Sauvignon Blanc or possibly Viognier.
- Yield: 3 dozen
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 708g|
|Calories from Fat 313||41%|
|Total Fat 35.29g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 5.31g||21%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.09g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.0g||10%|