My mom used to make Tuna Patties when I was growing up and then I made them when I was married. When you make them up in advance you can make sandwiches out of them later or just heat them up for a nutritious lunch or dinner. Also, I’ve substituted crab for the tuna making Crab Cakes that are really good! As good as any restaurant in Maryland that I went to. The trick is in not putting too much cracker crumbs in them but enough so that the patties hold together so when you pan fry them they come out crisp and brown. Hope you enjoy them.
- 1 large can of tuna or crab
- 2 eggs
- Optional seasonings: Â¼ cup minced onion
- Â½ teaspoon lemon pepper or Â½ teaspoon Mrs. Dash is good too
- Ritz crackers or seasoned breadcrumbs like garlic or Italian
- 1. 1. Shape into small patties that will fit in the palm of your hand. Lay all the patties out on a plate and slide them in a non-stick skillet with a few tablespoons oil in the pan on medium/high heat. Cook the tuna patties about 5 minutes or so on each side or more, until they are browned and done on each side. It depends on how many crackers you added to the patties and how hot your skillet is.
- 2. 2. Serve on dinner plates and serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce or tartar sauce, whichever you like.
- 3. You can double this recipe, make them up ahead of time and then freeze them or store in the meat tender for easy, healthy lunches.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 67g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 31||31%|
|Total Fat 3.46g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1.0g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.04g|
|Total Carbs 2.88g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|