Polly's Easy and Versatile Meatballs for Spaghetti, Albondigas Soup, Minestrone & Subs with Marinara Recipe
This is the EASY and EFFICIENT way to make meatballs and the great thing about it is once you mix them up-with the aid of your large mixer like Kitchen aid, then you shape them and then they BAKE while you do other things.
This made 2 large pans of meatballs and then 1 meatloaf filled with fresh spinach and mozzarella.
- 3 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 pound Harris Ranch Antibiotic Free, Hormone Free Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons McCormick California Style Garlic Powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Emeril La Gasse Original Essence Seasoning
- Â½ cup egg substitute
- Miss Polly's Meatball Factory
- Baked Meatballs for Spaghetti, Meatball Subs, Albondigas Soup & Lean Meatloaf
- Created by Paulette Le Pore Motzko, August 8th, 2010
- Mix all ingredients in a Kitchen Aid mixer and mix gently on LOW speed until ingredients are blended, meats are combined and seasonings are incorporated.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Form into balls with a small stainless steel scoop you would use for cookies. Spray a little non-stick spray like Trader Joeâs Olive Oil Spray on the pan and then bake the 2 baking sheets for 25 minutes. Take the pans out and then rotate them, putting the pan on that was on the top shelf on the bottom and the bottom shelf on the top. (That makes for more evenly browning because most ovens run hot on the bottom shelf-mine does at least!)
- After another 25 minutes, take pans out and let them cool on pot holders for about 10 minutes.
- Store in freezer bags and reserve what you will use for the week in an airtight container.
- These are great for these dishes:
- Spaghetti and meatballs-If I was making the meatballs specifically to be used with Italian dishes I would add Parmesan to the meatball mixture
- Meatball Sub Sandwiches-Take a pint of marinara or your favorite homemade marinara sauce and take about 7 meatballs per large sliced French roll, then top with a ladle full of marinara. Add some shredded mozzarella on top of that and some sliced black olives.
- Follow your favorite Minestrone Soup recipe and then throw a few of these babies in at the last 10 minutes of simmering for a really great healthy soup!
- You can also use these in your favorite Albondigas Soup recipe as well.
- I filled two large baking sheets up with meatballs and I had enough meat mixture left to make a meatloaf filled with fresh spinach and mozzarella.
- TURKEY BEEF MEATLOAF WITH FRESH SPINACH AND MOZZARELLA FILLING:
- Put 1/2 the reserved meat mixture in a silicone loaf pan-if you have one- or a greased metal pan. Add about 2 cups of fresh, uncooked spinach to the pan. Then, top with shredded mozzarella-about 3 hand fulls sprinkled out all over the spinach leaves. Top with rest of ground meat mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees and then cool for 15 minutes, pouring out excess juices.
- Slice meat loaf into about 6 slices for use in healthy lunches and dinners.
- If you come up with ideas for these, send them to CookingUpAStorminCA@gmail.com and I will put them on my site at: http://www.CookingUpAStorminCA.ning.com
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1503g|
|Calories from Fat 1052||48%|
|Total Fat 116.68g||146%|
|Saturated Fat 31.47g||126%|
|Trans Fat 3.67g|
|Total Carbs 13.02g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|