When there's several lemons to either use up or lose out, make Lemonade Syrup Base. This recipe is from Sunkist and I have made it for years and years. It's special because you make the syrup base and refrigerate. Then whenever the dog days of summer get too much for you, make yourself a glass of lemonade without having to make a whole pitcher. Ahhhh...refreshing!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice fresh (I like some of the pulp too)
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan; reduce heat and stir sugar in thoroughly. Simmer 5 minutes, then remove from heat and cool.
- Add lemon zest and juice to cooled syrup and stir. Pour into covered container and chill thoroughly (mason jars work well.)
- Lemonade by the glass: Shake syrup base. Measure 1/4 cup of it into glass tumbler; add 3/4 cup cold water and several ice cubes. Stir and enjoy.
- Base will keep refrigerated for several days.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 0||0%|
|Total Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.71g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1%|