Cost per serving $2.61 view details
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Using a melon baller or a small spoon, scoop or scrape out and discard the seeds from the zucchini halves, creating long narrow canoes. Sprinkle with the salt, garlic powder and pepper, then place hollow sides up on a baking sheet.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the green pepper and celery and saute for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the tomato paste, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, then continue to cook until the mixture becomes aromatic and begins to darken in color, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the sausage, shrimp, chicken and rice. Adjust the seasoning with additional salt and pepper and the lemon juice. Scoop the mixture into the zucchini boats.
- Roast the stuffed zucchini for 20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender and cooked through.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 300g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 129||34%|
|Total Fat 14.39g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2.71g||11%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 38.83g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|