Hello Mitch...I've got to say...you've got a pretty interesting decadent dessert.
The little twists you've used on the classic Tiramisu...are nicely thought out.
Fabulously done...especially the Quebec maple syrup...YUM.
Flavourful wishes and welcome to CES
A delicious, elegant frozen Maple Tiramisu dessert for adults only or of legal age. LOL You will see why.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving $2.43 view details
- 2 cups 35% liquid cream (500 ml)
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup (or 1 cup sugar plus 1 tsp maple flavouring)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (80 ml) (like Fry's, Hershey)
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese (500 ml)
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate shavings (160 ml)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup whisky or scotch (60 ml) (this is why!)
- 14 lady fingers
- Cover a bread baking mold with plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl, combine the maple syrup or sugar, cocoa powder and the mascarpone cheese. With an electric mixer, whip this mixture at medium speed until all the ingredients are well mixed. Add the chocolate shavings and mix slightly.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream gently from the refrigerator.
- In a bowl, combine the maple syrup and the whisky or scotch. (The spirit will allow the dessert to freeze in a slush fashion but not as hard as an ice cube).
- Dip the lady fingers in this maple syrup mixture (do not let them soak too much) and cover the bottom of the bread mold with the lady fingers.
- Make a second row with the maple syrup mixture dipped lady fingers.
- Press lightly.
- Cover with the mascarpone cheese mixture. Cover with a plastic wrap and freeze at least 5 hours.
- At serving time, cut into large slices and serve with whipped cream or garnish of your choice.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 177g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 141||34%|
|Total Fat 16.06g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 9.65g||39%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 61.65g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|