Cost per serving $0.40 view details
- 2 1/4 cups AP Flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup lard or shortening ( I highly recommend lard)
- 1/2 cup milk ( more or less)
- 1 ( 21 oz.) can peach pie filling
- 1 cup vegetable oil or shortening for frying
- egg wash ( 1 egg beaten with water)
- To make the crust: Mix together flour and salt with a whisk. Cut in the lard using a pastry cutter until the mixture looks crumb-y.
- Mix in the milk until a ball can be formed.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8â³ thick.
- Using a salad bowl or something else about 6 â in diameter, cut out as many discs of dough as you can.
- To make pies: Spoon a large dollop of filling into each disc, leaving about an inch of dough all the way around.
- Brush the edges with egg wash and fold dough over. Seal the edges with a fork and poke a hole in the middle so the pie can vent.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. When oil is hot, fry each pie until both sides are golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, cold, or room temperature and enjoy!!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 112g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 722||99%|
|Total Fat 81.12g||101%|
|Saturated Fat 14.67g||59%|
|Trans Fat 1.41g|
|Total Carbs 1.38g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|